Saturday, April 22, 2006

World's Oldest Living Blogger

I don't usually feel old, and by some standards, I'm not. I mean, to Wally, the 82-year old man I read to every morning, I'm practically a baby. But the 20-somethings call me "Ma'am". Thirty-somethings aren't in my dating pool anymore. Not that they were when I was in my thirties, either, but my point is that the numbers are starting to matter to me.

What brought this on, you ask? Well, I'll tell you.

Last night I finally got around to updating my blogger profile. As in, filling it in. Then I thought it might be neat to find out who else on blogger shares my tastes in movies, music, books, etc.

Big Mistake. Huge. Equal in magnitude to deciding to run to Target in my Saturday a.m. hang-around-the-house outfit because it was too early for anyone I knew to be up and about. Live and learn.

Back to my point: Is there anyone on blogger older than thirty? Actively blogging, that is. Because, I swear, every profile I encountered ended up belonging to people between the ages of 15 and 25. On the rare occasions I did find someone closer to my age, the blog hadn't been updated in years. What happened? Did they all go to that great blogspot in the sky?

I think I am, at age 47, the World's Oldest Living Blogger. Forgive me if I display the banner upside down.

Cammy, WOLB

2 Comments:

Blogger kimananda said...

Well, I'm not in my 40's, but I will be relatively soon (37 and a half). Can I be the second oldest living blogger?

12:41 PM  
Blogger Cammy said...

Sure, Kim. It will be fun having some company. :)

Seriously, I really feel like I'm in my mid-30's or so. When I realize I'm not, it's always a bit of a surprise.

Hope you had a great weekend.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home